In five days we will stop what we are doing and "Give Thanks" for all of our blessings. That may or may not include a big feast of "turkey and all the trimmings". It may include extended family or immediate family only. It may not include such festivities. [The cashier last evening, while I was paying for my groceries, asked if I was ready for the holidays. She told me that she didn't have to get a big meal around because she was actually working that day. What a true sign of the times.]
Whatever your Thanksgiving holds....I hope that you are able to at least pause in this season and count your blessings. We have a lot to be thankful for and I would like to go first!
I am THANKFUL for:
a school where the teachers really care about the students. My colleagues have a great responsibility and they all meet those challenges head-on!
parents who support and encourage classroom teachers and who are willing to help.
volunteers who give of their time to give extra "help" to our students
an administration who want the best for our district: encouraging Professional Development, working on budgets and trying to work within fiscal constraints without harming the education of our students, thinking outside of the box, and tirelessly working to maintain a level of education that ensures success for our students.
the diverse student population: We have typical children and children with special needs in our building. I am VERY grateful for the lessons in tolerance and acceptance that our students are learning by being in the same building. This tolerance and acceptance can be seen when students acknowledge those who are different than themselves and do so with a smile.
a Village Council who has vacated Short Street. What a gift they have given the school and Public Library !! There is always hope! It has been a battle and I am THANKFUL that we can move forward and hopefully heal as a community.
Most of all, I am thankful for YOU...whether you voted for the levy or against, you MATTER! You have taken the time to read my words, to become informed about the issues and made choices that you felt you could live with. There are no hard feelings....but it is my prayer that we can find a way to make this work. I have lived and worked here for over 25 years because we have a great community and it has been a great place to raise my family!! That hasn't changed! Thank you for helping to make it that way!
Together we CAN make a difference!! It will just take us a little longer...and I am thankful for those who haven't given up.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
No comments:
Post a Comment