Sunday, November 6, 2011

Two more days........

In two more days we will be eight days into November. (I have to remind myself of that fact when I step outside with the sun shining and 60 degree weather! I am not anxious for winter, although my family is ready. They LOVE the snow!). In two more days we will have only 16 more days until Thanksgiving. In two more days there will only be 47 more days until Christmas!

As much as all of those things can spur on a flurry of activity, none of them is truly on my mind as I sit here this evening.

In

two

more

days....

we will find out what direction the future may take.

I am not a fortune teller. Nor am I fond of politics. I am just part of a community who is affected by an economy that isn't strong, in an area of unemployment and families struggling to make ends meet. Affected by prices that continue to increase for food, clothing and shelter. By bills that need to be paid. And people who continue to ask for money.

I get it! Times are tough. This blog has existed solely to get the information out to a community and hope that what we have said and things we have done have convinced the Citizens of Stryker to vote YES for the children. Vote YES for the School Levy. I am here to tell you that I know that it isn't easy!! We take the education of our children seriously.

I am here to suggest to you that if you were to find it in your heart to vote YES in two days, the School District will be bolstered by the vote of confidence and continue to find ways to improve your child's education and continue on as is.

BUT.....in two days if the community should choose to vote no, the school district will still continue to provide the best education fiscally possible for the children. Make no mistake: the district's first and foremost commitment is to the children. That education may need to change the way it looks, based on the finances available to the district, but we will persevere. The children have a lot to learn.

And in two days, the biggest lesson that I hope our children learn is that we are a community that can move past our differences. That our differences may cause some heated discussion, but regardless of outcomes, our children will know that they are loved and that there is hope for a bright future in a community that does not hold grudges.

In two days some will vote NO because they can't afford to pay any more. There may even be some that vote NO because they have an issue with the school. In two days there will be some who vote YES because they believe in the mission of the school. There may even be some who vote YES, not sure where the money is going to be coming from to pay for an addition to their taxes. It is clear, that this blog and the Citizens for Stryker Schools committee hopes that in two days you will vote YES.

You still have two days to review the issue at hand, ask questions and make an informed decision. I think that we can all agree that change is coming. In two days, we will find out how it will change (additional tax--but please don't base your decision only on that. [Do the math and see how much it will really change here and make an informed decision] or change how your child's education "looks" [those changes can be found here]).....

Together we can make a difference. Please vote YES on November 8th (in two days)...

No comments:

Post a Comment