The YES vote was a clear indication that 551 people supported the work that is done in this building and that they wanted that work to continue for the sake of the children and our community.
(Can I talk to the 502 who voted "no"? I do not want to dismiss you in this conversation. Your vote was important as well. I thank you for taking the time to voice your opinion. There was a lot on the line with this election. You voted "no" for various reasons...all very valid to you. When I have children "vote" in my classroom--for everything from which of these two snacks should we have, or between two books to read aloud, or whatever it may be....I always stress that there is a proper way to "win" or
You know those bumper stickers that say "If you can read this, THANK a teacher"? Those children who live in your neighborhoods are learning how to read and how to be productive members in our communities. They were learning all of those things before and would have continued that learning process if the levy would have failed, but that learning would have been compromised due to cuts in budget that affect the kids and how the teaching staff is able to implement teaching strategies.
Those of you who own a house know that your property has value, and issues at the school can make the worth of that home fluctuate....raise or lower its worth. If, for some reason you needed to sell your house, the school system and what it has to offer is something that new home owners take into consideration when buying a house.
You also gained knowledge that you did your "civic duty" and got involved in the election process. The system only works if the members care enough or are passionate enough to get involved. And I would challenge you: if you are passionate about the school, there are many ways to get involved! Come to school board meetings! If you have questions about the financial matters of the school, come and talk with the treasurer or superintendent. Our only "agenda" is to provide a quality education, while being fiscally responsible with the monies that are given by community members (whether willingly or not so willingly). This election "campaign" was all about SUPPORT OUR KIDS. We are still the same staff as we were on Monday: A staff that is here to help ensure the success of our children. And that is what we will continue to do! The passing of the levy didn't change that. It just brought about a sigh of relief, with the knowledge that we can continue to maintain the education our children receive and today it was business as usual!)
So, I hope that you heard what I said.... THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
We will continue to work together as a community. TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
By the way....
remember these??
Please remove them from your yards.
(I will keep the blog active. If you have blog topics or an idea on how to continue using this tool, please don't hesitate to let me know. I appreciate your willingness to read each blog posting and helping support our kids! It has been said before, but worth saying again: We live in a great community! You have worked hard to maintain that. Continue the good work!)
No comments:
Post a Comment