Sunday, January 15, 2012

What can we do for you?

The Concerned Citizens for Stryker Schools will be meeting on Thursday, January 19th at 5 p.m. at the Stryker Public Library.... (that was in case you missed that last two or five times I posted it! I digress!)

As I think about that upcoming meeting and all that the committee did for the last election (besides meeting frequently we had two fundraisers at Mama Deluca's Pizza to help spread the word, pass out signs and answer questions; we sent out post cards to each household in Stryker to give everyone the information that they would need to make an informed decision; this blog was created to get information out along with a Facebook page to help answer questions; Committee members painted faces during a Fall Festival held for the community and had brochures printed up to help answer any more questions).

From my perspective we did a lot of things right! In years past for other levies...some argued that there wasn't enough information. I feel that that doesn't hold true for this past November. I also know that there were those who opposed the levy in November for financial reasons. But when all of the votes were tallied, it failed by 30 votes. (I was told that someone started talking to Village residents and this person found 30 people who would have voted for the levy....they just didn't get out to vote on Election Day.)

So, back to my original question posted in the title: What can we do for you? March 6th will be here before you know it! We have a lot of work to do before then. I have to believe that we all want the same thing: A great place to raise our families...and the school is a part of what makes Stryker a great place! So, please jump in to the conversation. Comment away! What can we do to make this levy a success? What questions are still lingering that need to be answered? This will work if we remember Stryker's slogan: Where you can make a difference! Your input is greatly appreciated. I am convinced we are on the right track. And I am positive that we can do this together!

Please vote YES on March 6th. Together we can make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment