Thursday, October 6, 2011

Chocolate Wishes

Raise your hand if you love DOVE chocolate..... I see those hands! I love the smooth creamy texture (it isn't gritty and grainy like some) and two little squares is all it takes to bring a bright spot to my day. If my day is already good, chocolate always makes it better! And who doesn't love the encouragement found on the inside of the wrapper?

Now, I am pretty sure that there are some who are reading this blog, who are clearly puzzled with what chocolate has to do with a school levy. Here are my two "words of wisdom":

BE FEARLESS and MAKE A LIST OF YOUR DREAMS

I want to be fearless! I want to believe that there are enough community members who agree that, even though it is going to be tough, we MUST pass this levy and that they will vote YES in November and we can take a breath and continue working at improving the education of our children within the economic constraints, because the community will pass the levy. I want to be fearless, but sometimes it is hard, when the talk is negative or there is not talk and we are left to speculate what November will bring. Maybe fearless isn't about worrying about the future. Maybe it is about having courage. I love this quote by Mary Anne Radmacher: Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow." I will continue to try and get information out to the people of Stryker. I will continue to engage in discussion about the levy. Because, the children of Stryker need me to be fearless and full of courage.

That leads into "make a list of your dreams". What do I have dreamed for the future of Stryker Schools? A building full of children learning, in classes that aren't too large, that assure no one will fall through the cracks. That the community will support the work of the school and give much needed encouragement by passing the levy in November. That our community will grow stronger and learn that it takes all of us to make a difference and that we do live in a great community. Neighbors talking with neighbors and working toward a better future. My dreams include families who are supported and when working in partnership with the school have children who are successful academically.

I could go on, but I won't. My hope is that you have been inspired by chocolate wishes and that you will choose to vote YES in November. May your dreams be inspired by mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment