I was cleaning out my email inbox and found an email from "Walk the Talk". They sent a video that I would encourage you to watch here (it comes from "flickspire"). Let's talk when you are done.
What did you think? Some may be wondering what this has to do with the Stryker School levy and the education of the children of Stryker. Read on and see what you think.
Regardless of the outcome of the Levy vote in November, most of us will continue to live within this school district. A no vote will certainly change what the education of our children looks like and that change will not be for the better. It is a known fact that if the levy fails, the school board will be forced to make some decisions that involve making cuts. They know that those cuts will be detrimental to the educational mission of the district.
If the levy passes in November, we can continue our educational mission as is, and continue to look for ways to improve upon what we are already doing. And make no mistake, cuts have already been made. We do not offer the same education that some of my children have received. But I know that we are working to improve.
We all want "coffee"! Because this discussion can get heated and people have taken sides, I would encourage all to follow the wisdom from the video:
Care deeply.
Love generously.
And most importantly:
Speak kindly.
Together we can make a difference. Vote YES on November 8th.
No comments:
Post a Comment